The Fort Wayne Businesses You Shop at Might Be Putting You at Risk
Protect you good name and those of your family safe so take this consumer risk test. To keep yourself safe ask yourself the following important 8 questions:
Do the Fort Wayne Businesses you frequent:
1. Conduct a criminal or civil background check before hiring employees who will have access to personal identifying information.
2. Provide cross-cut paper shredders at each workstation or cash register area or uses a locked wastebasket and shredding company for the disposal of credit card slips, unwanted applications or documents, sensitive data or prescription forms.
3. Use an alternate number instead of Social Security Numbers (SSN) for employee, client and customer ID numbers.
4. Never send out mail that includes your complete Social Security Number.
5. Require their health insurance providers to use an alternate number rather than the SSN for membership numbers on health insurance cards.
6. Have trained designated staff about security procedures in sending sensitive personal data by fax, email or telephone.
7. Keep sensitive information of consumers or employees on any item (timecards, badges, work schedules, licenses) out of view in public areas.
That may include home addresses or phone numbers, SSN and driver’s license numbers.
8. Notify affected individuals in a timely manner in the event of a computer breach of a database that contains sensitive information.