Request of Non-emergency Maintenance
Please follow our two step procedure to request of non-emergency maintenance:
1. Before contacting our office determine if the maintenance request is a true emergency or a non-emergency.
2. Check to see if you can determine the cause of the problem that you are experiencing, unless it is an emergency.
STEP 1: IS IT AN EMERGENCY?
An emergency is a situation that immediately threatens life or property, that you are not equipped to deal with, and need immediate help with such as fires, flooding and/or uncontrollable water, electrical problems, smell of gas, etc.
» Fire: Call 911 first, then call us: (260) 436-5000 extension 223.
» Smoke: Call 911, then call us.
» Smelling gas: Call gas company, then call us.
» Sewage back-up: Stop all water use, then call us.
» No heat and outside temperature is ≤ 55°: call us.
» Burst pipe or any water leaks: turn off water to the home, via your main water shut-off valve, then call us. Location of the main water shut-off is available on the Quick Property Info Sheet, provided at move-in.
If you need assistance with a break in, fight in progress, broken windows etc. Call the Fort Wayne Police department. Emergency number is 911. For non emergencies, call 260-427-1222.
GAS or ELECTRIC
If you have a strong smell of gas in your unit, or have a serious electrical problem (sparks are flying), contact NIPSCO Gas Company at 800-634-3524 or AEP Electric Company at 800-672-2231
If you have a massive water leak, call Fort Wayne City Water at (260) 427-1234. Please note, Calling Water will ONLY turn off the water to your residence, they will NOT make any attempt at repairs. Use this service as needed, but attempt to isolate the problem if you can. For instance, turn off the valves under the affected sink or toilet. If you live in a multi family dwelling, and are calling about water, please notify your neighbors.
STEP 2: TROUBLESHOOT
To comply with your lease, to save yourself time & money, try to troubleshoot the problem. This allows us to keep your housing payments low. Initiating a maintenance request for issues that are Resident responsibilities, including troubleshooting, will result in a charge to your account. So please refer to your lease for the required Resident maintenance responsibilities under section 7 HOUSE RULES and section 15. REPAIRS AND RE-CERTIFICATIONS.
1. Electric Problems? Certain electrical problems may be due to a tripped breaker. Always check your breaker box before calling for service. Also check around sinks in kitchens and baths to see if any tripped GFI (Ground Fault Interrupt) outlets may be the cause of the problem. Pressing the reset button on these outlets will often restore power to that outlet and those around it.
2. Garbage Disposal won’t work? Make sure you’ve pushed in the reset button located on the bottom of your unit.
3. Smoke Detector beeping? Replace the batteries. If the detector continues beeping, submit maintenance request.
4. No power to dishwasher? Flip any nearby light switches, and check dishwasher again.
5. Lights not working? Ensure bulb is compatible with fixture. If still not working, replace the bulb. Management does not replace light bulbs, under any circumstances, regardless of height, location, or style.
You will be charged for the service call if there is an easily identifiable solution to the problem that could have been detected and remedied without the assistance of a skilled craftsman. For example,
» a tripped GFI outlet or a tripped breaker causing no power.
» a tripped reset button on a garbage disposal.
» an incompatible, blown or missing bulb in a light fixture.
» dead or dying batteries in garage door or smoke alarms, …
Need a Maintenance Repair Request?
We’d love to hear from you. Contact us below
Repair Request for Non-emergency
Please use this form to report any repair or maintenance issues immediately to Fort Wayne Listings Management. Please fill out all fields so that we may better assist you. Alternatively you can call our 24-7 office number: (260) 436-5000 extension 223
Based on the type of maintenance issue the appropriate contractor will be assigned to contact you to set and appointment. Please note:
a.)If you are unable to make the appointment call the contractor as soon as possible. Failure to call in time or show for an appointment will result in a charge to you.
b.) If you do not hear from a contractor or repair person within 3 business days, call or email our office to inform us that the contractor has not contacted you. We will contact the contractor to find out the cause of the delay, then inform you when to expect a call from the contractor.